SATURDAY • May 2, 2020 • Green Bay, WI
Saturday, 10 am – 4:30 pm
The local hotel location is to be announced
FRIDAY/SATURDAY • October, 2020 • Milwaukee, WI
We have not yet decided on the dates for this conference.
10-10:55 • SESSION #1
- Two Common Myths on Human Behavior
- You Are Your Brain
- Nature and Nurture Create Behavior
- Nature & Nurture
- Helpful, But The Real Answer Goes Much Deeper
- There’s A Problem. What Is It?
- What In The World Are You?!
- The FIRST Category of Desires, Part 1
- The Easiest Category to Understand
- The Iceberg Chart
- Major Themes
- Life Indicators: (Here’s a sample list: distant and hollow relationships, overeating, easily bored, undisciplined, procrastinates, underdressing, feels dirty-guilty-ashamed, messy and sloppy….)
11:05-NOON • SESSION #2
- The SECOND Category of Desires
- Major Themes
- Life Indicators: (Samples: preoccupation with the next “buy,” envious, greedy, over-working, squanders money or is miserly, dishonest….)
12:05-12:45 • LUNCH (Lunch is provided for the Green Bay seminars only.)
12:50-1:45 • SESSION #3
- The THIRD Category of Desires, Part 1
- The Hardest To See In Your Life–The Easiest To See In Others. (Your problems, and a lot of other people’s behavioral problems will come clear as you understand this tricky and thorny category of desires.)
- Major Themes
1:55-2:40 • SESSION #4
- The THIRD Category of Desires, Part 2
- Life Indicators (Samples: image-massaging, wears “masks,” self-monitoring with impression management, controlling, triangulation, plays victim, pouting, conceited, driven, distant and hollow relationships, seeking acceptance/respect, BDD, feels unique, self-absorbed, unilateral listening, conversation flipping, lack of empathy, narcissistic, angry, argumentative, clams up/blows up….) NOTE: There are over 100 indicators for this category.
2:50-3:20 • THE METANARRATIVE BEHIND THE DESIRES
- The Met·a·nar·ra·tive (/ˈmedəˌnerədiv/): an overarching account or interpretation of events that provides a structure for beliefs and gives meaning to experiences.
- You Are A Philosopher
- You Are A Theologian
- The Bible is a Strange Book
- Everything Has a Beginning: What About Desires?
- What Major Event In World History Changed Everything?
- What Other Major Event Changed Everything Again?
3:20-4:00 • OK, SO WHAT DO I DO NOW? / Q & A
- How Do I Apply All This To My Relationships?
- Relationships of Equality (Marriage, partnerships, coworkers, etc.)
- Relationships of Authority/Leadership (Parenting, as a supervisor, etc.)
- Q & A
This conference is provided by The Counseling Center at Bay City, a non-profit, free counseling center based at Bay City Baptist Church in Green Bay, WI (marriage counseling, marriage therapy, family counseling, family therapy, addictions counseling, depression counseling, anxiety counseling, and more).